When I first saw CollabNet Deploy with UC4, it was a preview given by CollabNet Engineering. Having more than 10 years’ experience with the CollabNet ALM platform, I was most impressed by the dynamic and TeamForge compatible user interface designed by UC4. And this is the beta of the integration.
Deployment is not just deployment to production, not just that last mile in operations. There is deployment from a development perspective, deployment for continuous Integration, or into the testing environment. Every Jenkins build is a deployment. At an Enterprise DevOps view, Deployment is to a series of different targets where consistency and repeatability is key. From the developers’ deployment perspective all the way to operations. And in CollabNet Deploy, this is achieved through UC4’s powerful workflow engine, One Automation.
DevOps is all about consistency and repeatable in deployment process across the enterprise. Development uses the same mechanism and same set of workflows, and collaborates in defining those flows that ultimately Operations will use downstream.
Sign up for my December 12th webinar with Michael Schmidt, UC4 Senior Director ARA. We will discuss the technical and non-technical aspects of effectively delivering applications in today’s agile development environment. We will also showcase this new solution that spans from CollabNet TeamForge ALM to the UC4 One Automation platform.
We will also show you how to:
- Extend continuous integration build with deployment automation
- Transform cumbersome application deployments into fully automated processes that take minutes
- Automate end to end tracking and reporting of all deployment activities and related changes
- Effectively collaborate between Development and Operations while maintaining segregation of duties and security
- Reduce risk of downtime by eliminating the “human error” factor from release and deployments beyond Dev and QA
Even if you can’t attend on the live day, register to receive the materials via email after the event. I look forward to having you join us!